Ten Must Knows When Renting A Car
By: Andrew Bermam
Most of us use the convenience of a rental car when traveling
and generally select a car rental at random right outside the airport
or train station. Now things are different you can arrange to rental
a car online and specify your pick up and drop off point. There
are directories where many companies are featured and you can easily
compare the services as well as pricing of different car rental
As a discerning consumer it would be a great advantage if you kept
1. That you need to keep the paper work ready before renting a car.
You need to be over 25 years old, have a valid driving license,
have an ID card that is universally accepted, your social security
number may be required too. Before you make arrangements, check
whether your driver s license is valid where you intend to go. Otherwise
be sure to apply for the requisite permissions.
2. Find out whether the car has currently valid insurance and whether
it has passed a road test recently. Ask specifically whether the
car s papers are in good order and when it was last serviced. Consider
opting for damage coverage many rental companies make the offer
for a nominal amount.
3. Check what the rental charges cover and whether there is an extra
charge payable for drop off and pick up of the vehicle. Some companies
offer the service for free while others do charge an extra amount.
4. Always ask for confirmation of booking and read through the terms
and conditions thoroughly.
5. Check what the refueling options are. Most rental companies offer
conveniences like getting a car with a full tank or filling the
fuel yourself. You need to decide what is most feasible.
6. Always comparison shop for good rates. If your dates are flexible
ask about special offers and discount periods. Rental companies
also run promotional schemes so be sure to know what is on offer
and how it will benefit you. If you book early you will get better
rates than closer to the date of use. Rates also vary depending
on the kind of car you wish to rent. Ask whether you are eligible
for any discounts.
7. Choose a car that will fulfill your needs. Find out about luggage
storage and racks , how many the car will seat comfortably, and
whether or not the heater/air conditioner are working.
8. Most companies will not accept cash so make arrangements to carry
a card with a low limit for making payment. Also if your company
has a regular contract with the car rental then use their relationship
to make arrangements. You will get superior service as well as a
9. If you are traveling with a companion decide whether the companion
will drive the rental car too. If yes ask the company what their
policies are regarding an additional driver.
10. Take down the 24/7 numbers of customer service and numbers where
the car rental people can be contacted on an emergency.
The keys areas in car rental are good customer service, flexibility,
great vehicle selection, and excellent terms and conditions. Rent
a car that makes your trip easy not a nightmare.
Andrew Bermam is a freelance writer for www.1866Carrental.com
, the premier website for car rental, cheap car rental, online reservation,
information about discount car rental companies, special offers,
car rental guidance, tips, articles, directories and many more.
He also freelances for Car Insurance Site www.1888Carinsurance.com
Car Resources And Products
Lemon Law Support
- get remedy for that new car that just keeps giving your problems
Car Manuals And Car Guides
Car Parts And Accessories
- largest selection of brilliant chrome bolts and fasteners for custom motorcycles,
cars, and boats